Grounds visited

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Glyn

Grounds visited

Post by Glyn »

Nearly put this on the "unrelated to the Pitmen" forum, but far from it, I've seen HTFC on many of them....

Adding AFC Fylde to my spreadsheet after yesterday I've now seen games (and they only count if you pay to go in!) on 246 grounds, of which 91 are League grounds (old and new), 118 English non-league, 25 Welsh, 6 Scottish and 6 Other UK (eg Wembley and Hampden)

I'll ask a very good friend to update the spreadsheet in a format legible to most of you when he and I have a minute!!

Any advance on 246?? (I know that QPR anorak Tony Incenzo reckons he's done 1000 but he cheats by doing 3 in a day, and I only ever did that once.... :roll: :twisted: )
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Lee K

Re: Grounds visited

Post by Lee K »

I make mine currently standing at 171.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Lee K wrote:I make mine currently standing at 171.
Ah, you're only young, plenty of time to catch up...

:( :-D
Scott

Post by Scott »

I'm three behind Lee on 168, however I'm the youngest out the three of us :-D
Doctor Butter

Post by Doctor Butter »

Have a look at www.wewillfollow.co.uk to see nationally what some fans have achieved with stadium visits.

At the moment, there's only one Hednesford supporter registered on that site - one Mark Bagshaw - who's been to 35 grounds. So anyone of the previous posters on this thread would beat that. Unfortunately, I think you'll need to take out a premium membership to record some of your non-league visits: not sure how much that costs if anything. Still worth a look I think.

I do know of a chap from Rugeley (Mugsy) that's been to many hundreds of grounds but he's not registered on wewillfollow either.

Personally, I've done fewer than you chaps - 140+ - but I'm a Wolves fan first, Hednesford second.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Doctor Butter wrote:Have a look at http://www.wewillfollow.co.uk to see nationally what some fans have achieved with stadium visits.

At the moment, there's only one Hednesford supporter registered on that site - one Mark Bagshaw - who's been to 35 grounds. So anyone of the previous posters on this thread would beat that. Unfortunately, I think you'll need to take out a premium membership to record some of your non-league visits: not sure how much that costs if anything. Still worth a look I think.

I do know of a chap from Rugeley (Mugsy) that's been to many hundreds of grounds but he's not registered on wewillfollow either.

Personally, I've done fewer than you chaps - 140+ - but I'm a Wolves fan first, Hednesford second.
Surely they should be paying me....??

:roll: :twisted:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Only 8 potential new grounds for me to visit next season with the Conference North schedule as it currently stands

We need a couple more promotions yet....

;)
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Hang on, just remembered I travelled with some pals on a Tuesday night to Gretna (yes, really) for a PSF with some TNS -fan pals ... so make that 247!!

:roll: :twisted:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Cup Runnings

Post by Cup Runnings »

Bizarrely I've developed the habit of just visiting random grounds while driving round the country with work. I'm not sure how many I've been to (I'll try and to it up tonight) but it's well over a hundred.

I'm aware the pedants will point out they weren't all for games - but here's when I visited Hednesford, and it was for a game as well!

https://andyfuryfootballgrounds.wordpre ... ford-town/
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Cup Runnings wrote:Bizarrely I've developed the habit of just visiting random grounds while driving round the country with work. I'm not sure how many I've been to (I'll try and to it up tonight) but it's well over a hundred.

I'm aware the pedants will point out they weren't all for games - but here's when I visited Hednesford, and it was for a game as well!

https://andyfuryfootballgrounds.wordpre ... ford-town/
They only count if you've paid to see a game there (them's the rules!) otherwise I'm counting about another 80 empty ones I've seen!! (I'll get my anorak!)

:mrgreen:
Cup Runnings

Post by Cup Runnings »

I know but I do get out of my car and walk around them! And said that I knew it didn't properly count! (Sorry).
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

A picture has appeared on twitter taken at our old ground around 30 years ago. I'm trying to think who the opponents are - not many teams play in green and white stripes (at least that's what my failing eyesight has picked up), white shorts and green socks. I'm thinking it might be Bromsgrove, but I'm not sure we crossed swords with them in league competition too often during this period.
:scratchhead:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Perton Pitman wrote:A picture has appeared on twitter taken at our old ground around 30 years ago. I'm trying to think who the opponents are - not many teams play in green and white stripes (at least that's what my failing eyesight has picked up), white shorts and green socks. I'm thinking it might be Bromsgrove, but I'm not sure we crossed swords with them in league competition too often during this period.

Hmmm - Bedworth maybe? I think we played them in a cup or two if not in the league back then?
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Cup Runnings wrote:I know but I do get out of my car and walk around them! And said that I knew it didn't properly count! (Sorry).
It amazed me on my grand tour of Scotland how many (empty) grounds I was able to just walk into, Montrose and Forfar being prime examples. Had a good chat with the sheep at Forfar too, but that's another story....

:mrgreen:
Pitmanchester

Post by Pitmanchester »

Perton Pitman wrote:A picture has appeared on twitter taken at our old ground around 30 years ago. I'm trying to think who the opponents are - not many teams play in green and white stripes (at least that's what my failing eyesight has picked up), white shorts and green socks. I'm thinking it might be Bromsgrove, but I'm not sure we crossed swords with them in league competition too often during this period.
Sorry for contributing to thread drift. Top marks Glyn, it was indeed Bedworth. I know because I took the photo! I don't know the exact date but I reckon it's '81 or '82.
Stuart Bowman
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Grounds that I have stopped off at and have been able to walk in as the gates were open include Blackpool Wren Rovers and Chessington & Hook United!
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Pitmanchester wrote:
Sorry for contributing to thread drift. Top marks Glyn, it was indeed Bedworth. I know because I took the photo! I don't know the exact date but I reckon it's '81 or '82.
:clap:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Lee K wrote:Grounds that I have stopped off at and have been able to walk in as the gates were open include Blackpool Wren Rovers and Chessington & Hook United!
To my Forfar and Montrose I can add (off the top of my head) Morecambe'e new-ish ground (quite a surprise) and then Fort William, Forres Mechanics, Wick Academy, Burscough, Stranraer, Pickering Town, (the Bear's had his photo taken at all of those) and Raith Rovers. The ease of access to the Scottish grounds must be because they're all such law-abiding citizens up there...

:shock: ;) :mrgreen:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Glyn wrote:
Lee K wrote:Grounds that I have stopped off at and have been able to walk in as the gates were open include Blackpool Wren Rovers and Chessington & Hook United!
To my Forfar and Montrose I can add (off the top of my head) Morecambe'e new-ish ground (quite a surprise) and then Fort William, Forres Mechanics, Wick Academy, Burscough, Stranraer, Pickering Town, (the Bear's had his photo taken at all of those) and Raith Rovers. The ease of access to the Scottish grounds must be because they're all such law-abiding citizens up there...

Pickering Town has the best main stand of any club in the world :clap:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Perton Pitman wrote:
Glyn wrote:

Pickering Town has the best main stand of any club in the world :clap:
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/pickering ... ge=7700807

:mrgreen: :clap:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Pitmanchester wrote:
I remember that we drew Bedworth in both the FA Cup and the FA Trophy in the same season I think. We lost the FA Cup tie in a midweek replay (I went to the replay and as I was still at school I travelled on the team coach with other supporters), but lost the trophy game at home at the first time of asking.

We then went back to Bedworth for another FA Trophy tie a couple of seasons later and beat them 2-0 which was no mean feat as they were a league higher up the pyramid than we were.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Ground news for Merthyr (been) and Cambridge City (been to Milton Road but not to Histon or St Ives)

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/

For the first time in many seasons, I haven't visited a new ground this time (and I'm not going to Lowestoft) - I think we need either to be promoted or moved South again

:twisted:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn wrote:Tony Incenzo up to 1966!

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/non-leagu ... -town.html
2000 :o :clap: with a visit to FCUM's new ground